Master of Arts in physical education (MA in PHE)
To attain leadership and Excellence through preparing researchers specialized in the field of physical education.
The department seeks to prepare distinguished researchers through making available a scientific setting characterized with quality and international standards in physical education fields.
1. To Prepare professional and academic specialists who will be able to use the methods of scientific research and its applications in the field of physical education.
2. To Prepare high quality specialists to work for various educational institutions.
3.To Develop physical education knowledge and skills
4.To enrich scientific research in the field of physical education.
Knowledge and Comprehension:
1. Understanding the newest information and knowledge of physical education.
2. Understanding the new teaching methods that achieve all the objectives of
3. Deep understanding of the scientific research methods in the field of
B- Mental Skills:
1. The ability to construct, analyze and make connections as regards application of scientific basis for physical activities.
2. To integrate theory with practicing in all the physical education activities.
3. The ability to utilize the scientific method to solve problems that may face physical
C- Professional and Practical Skills:
1. self-learning and continuous to development of personal and professional skills.
2. The ability to lead and participate in teamwork activities.
3. The ability to shoulder the responsibility for professional tasks and interpersonal relations.
D- General Skills:
1. The ability to use personal skills to interact with others and accept different points of view.
2. self-evaluation and practical employment of it.
3. The optimal use of information technology to get the knowledge relevant to physical education.
- Physical educators in public and private schools.
- Supervisors of physical education at the Ministry of Education.
- Any specialist who is interested in the field of physical education and physical activity.
- Officials and professionals of physical activities in the military and security
Employment Opportunities Available:
- A Supervisor of physical education programs in public and private schools.
- A researcher in the field of physical education.
- Physical education curriculum specialist at the Ministry of Education.
- A specialist preparing physical activities programs at the military and security sectors.
Taking into account admission requirements enumerated in the Unified Law Organizing Graduate Studies at Saudi Universities:
1 - Applicant must have a bachelor's degree in Physical Education, or any
bachelor's degree related to physical education field.
2 – Applicant's GPA should not be below (Very Good) in specialized courses.
3 - Applicant must pass the personal interview held by the department committee of graduates' studies.
4 - The committee prefers applicants who have skills in English and computer.
Requirements for obtaining the Degree:
Passing (31) study units of master’s courses
Successful completion of master’s thesis.
Program Tracks (if any): NA
Program General Structure: Thesis Option
Number of required units is (31) in addition to thesis as follows:
Program Study Plan: